Friday, March 11, 2005

Corporate Whoring

Ive done what I said I wouldn't,corporate whoring.yup goin to do corporate shite gigs that only just qualify as the entertainment industry (in the catagory 'arse licking').I forgot how much of a bunch of arse it all was full of little jobs worth fuck knuckles that only are employed because they new someone or they are related.Not that I am against giving someone an oportunity,Im all for it but when some jumped up twat starts telling me how to suck eggs I just want to tell them to fuck off these people should have to take a course in mannerism otherwise they are going to get hurt.
Not only was it a stupidly long day plagurised by far too many idiots that should be removed from the gene pool,there was a large number of Doorway Blockers in attendance and we all know how i feel about that,however spending 21 hours in the V and A proved a soothing influence.
The show,'the Home and Garden Classic Design awards.Oh god I thought this is going to be full of over priced twaddle and wank stain ''designers'' ,alas no it wasnt I was pleasantly surprised and found some cool things that i didnt need a mortgage for.
Ive decided to make my own results as I left before seeing the awards part.
1st Presso Non-Electric Coffee Maker: As a coffee snob this is a funky and practical kitchen essential

2nd
Norito Collection for LSA: Amazing glass where that looks like liquid and good use of colour

3rd Airswitch by Mathmos: Well I had to love this its a quirky lamp with a twist

As for honorable mentions I have to say the Nigella lawson Living kitchen (I hate to say)stuff was good value and the Electolux vacuum cleaner just begged for air guitar moments whilst doin the housework.
The bunch of arse award went to Isokon Shipshape Storage Box, 350 quid for that,your having a fuckin laugh,a stupid half arsed magazine rack that was totally un-ergonomic.
Th e best part of all was re-discovering the V and A especially the old German Black forest collection of wood carving,hmm Deer in kilts makes you wonder.I was also impressed by the big glass sculpture hanging in the entrance way,man what a piece the more you look the more it unfolds glad someone in this world has patience.
Now I dont know if anyone has been or seen the Morris, Poynter & and Gamble Rooms but oh my god what a hidden little gem that is,you definatly wouldn't want to to have your mind altered in that place,there was wierd shit goin on there back in the day for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

 

Powered by Blogger