Thursday, June 02, 2005

Cook the man some eggs

Now those of you who know me will know about my addiction to eggs,and that I am constantly on a quest to find the best eggy delight there is (Ms Smackie is a top contender).
I thought I had seen it all until I came across this little recipe for the perfect fried egg from Michelin Chef Bernard Loiseau.
To start its best to use a stainless steel egg ring and a small non-stick frying pan.

Pre-Heat oven(thats right oven) to 245C gas mark 9.Break the egg and carefully seperate the white from the yolk,making sure to keep the yolk whole.Put aknob of butter and a soupspoon of water in the frying pan and heat until foaming.Salt and pepper the pan so that the underside of the egg gets seasoned also.When the butter starts to foam,carefully slide in the white.
Put in the oven and cook nfor a minute and a half.the top should still be trembling.Now season the top-seasoning the white means you won't tarnish the yolks colour.
Now place the raw yolk in the centre of the white and return to the oven for 2 minutes.Dot with a few drops of balsamic vinegar and serve.

Now thats cookin the man some eggs.
So for those of you whos house I wake up in sometimes and for those of you who are yet to have the pleasure,I recommend printing these instructions and I look forward to having breakfast with you.
hehehehehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

 

Powered by Blogger