Thursday, March 24, 2005

Starving your Loved ones

Forgive me if I'm a bit late in the play but I've just become aware of the Terri Schiavo story.
For those of you in the dark like I was,Terri was a happily married woman until,in 1990,she was miss diagnosed resulting in a heart attack which caused massive brain damage (bet that doc sleeps well at night).To this day she has lived life in a "persistent vegetative state" kept alive by a tube that feeds her nutrients.
Back in '93' her hubby tried to have the tube removed (against the will of her parents)so that Terri would die 'naturally' which in real terms is 'starve to death' nice!But Florida boss Jeb Bush put a halt to it,finally the bush family did something right.
Alas on the 18th of March the case was won and the tube was disconnected,with the parents lawyer quoted as saying"We're now up against a very tight clock because Terri is in the process of being starved to death''.STARVED TO DEATH??Are you people missing some serious parts of your fucking brain or what?
Now Im not gonna get into any debate over euthenasia or whether Terri should live or die BUT I am against this.
I mean Terri is currently starving to death whilst her parents are in court trying to stop it,AHEM is'nt this a crime of inhumanity I mean for fucks sake starving someone?Surely in this day and age of modern medicine there is an easier way.Even people on death row pass away more humanly than this.
The mind boggles at the way some people think,starving your loved one?I Hope that if this ever happened to me that my friends and family would fly me to europe where its all legal and have me put to sleep peacefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

 

Powered by Blogger